Saturday, March 29, 2014

Reflections in the dark

Today I realized that I forgot a fairly important anniversary last week.

March 21st 2012 was when I first arrived back in Canada
after 25 years of living and growing up in Las Vegas.
Quite a lot of stuff has happened since then.
As many of you know, I have always had my bills paid/taken care of for me
by Jeff(back in the day) or my Mom.
After living for over a year here with
my dad and my grandparents I was able to get my own place through housing assistance.
I pay and am responsible for my
own bills for the first time in my life and I actually quite enjoy it.
I forgot what it was like to have a place of my own, and this time
it feels good because I know I'm not burdening or expecting someone else to do this for me.

I have also been clean of hard drugs since I left Las Vegas.
I had a few slip ups with various things but I learned because of them and found the strength to change.

I'd like to thank my family for helping me and especially
Grandma, Grandpa and Dad for putting up with my insanity while I was under your roof.

I hope my mother in Heaven is proud of these little steps I'm taking to ensure I have a good future.

I hope this wasn't too saccharine for you but it will probably be the only personal post.


No comments:

Post a Comment